When punk hairstyles for guys came onto the scene, they were seen as a rebellion against societal norms and expectations. Today, punk hairstyles men are still seen as an expression of individual style and an edge to one’s look.
From mohawks to the neat flat top, punk hairstyles for men offer plenty of options when it comes to making a statement and showing off your personality.
Don’t be afraid to pull off punk hairstyles. Once you find the perfect match, you’ll be instant attention in no time. Ahead, find out more details about punk hairstyles for men and the best punk hairstyles that will suit you!
How To Get Punk Hair Look
To achieve a male punk hairstyles look, you will need to style your hair in an edgy and rebellious way. Here are some step-by-steps you can follow to get punk hairstyles for men:
- Start by washing and drying your hair as you normally would. If you have very straight hair, you may consider using a texturizing spray or mousse to give your hair some volume and grip before getting the punk look.
- Choose a hair color that is bold and unconventional, such as bright blue or hot pink. If you are not ready to commit to permanent hair color, you can use temporary hair dye or chalk to achieve the punk look.
- Use a hair gel or pomade to create spikes or other edgy shapes in your hair. You can use a comb or your fingers to style your hair into the desired shape and then use the product to hold it in place.
- You can accessorize with hair clips, bows, or bandanas if you want to add some extra flair to your punk hair look.
- To maintain your punk hair look, you may need to touch up the style and re-apply the product every few days. Be sure to use a product specifically designed for styling and holding, as regular hair gel or mousse may not be strong enough to hold the desired shape.
Punk Hair Color Tips
When deciding on the colors of punk hairstyles, various choices will appear. From bright orange to hues of blue, every single color looks tempting to try for punk hairstyles.
On top of that, various brands are also vastly available, making the narrowing down process harder. Well, worry no more; here are some tips regarding punk hair color for you:
- Consider using punk hair color products designed specifically for men. This way, you’ll get a less harmful product to touch your scalp during the coloring process.
- Be patient in bleaching and coloring since guys’ hair are usually thick and coarse. This way, you may need extra effort to ensure that the color intensity is as expected.
- Choose the punk hair colors that will complement your skin tone nicely. For instance, if you have a warm skin tone, you might prefer brick red or orange. Meanwhile, you might choose ice blue or deep wine if you have cool-toned skin.
7 Punk Hairstyle Options for Men
Check out these most popular punk hairstyles for your inspiration!
Buzz Cut Mohawk Punk Hair
If you believe that punk rocker haircuts must have a long mane, we’re here to disprove you. There are many options for short punk hairstyles male.
Consider a buzz-cut mohawk punk hair, which looks bold and adventurous while being easy to maintain and style.
Short Punk Mullet
Although a mullet is sometimes considered an outdated hairstyle, it can be modernized to stay trendy.
For example, you may dye it in a highly contentious and bold color, such as pink. However, don’t make it too long. A small pink mullet looks more professional than a long one.
Neat Flat Top
Try this flat top undercut with a tapered fade if you’re a punk guy looking for tidy and simple hairstyles. The hawk travels around the top of the head, gradually changing length from longest in front to shortest in back.
The fake hawk should ideally integrate into the hair at the nape. Finish the look with a shaved-in line extending round to the back for more contrast.
Messy Punk Hair
Layers assist any punk hairdo in achieving that messy, emo hairstyle look. Keep your bangs long and gather your head and temple hair to one side. It will be easier to get a fashionable and sleek look this way.
However, for a true messy punk rock hairstyles look, tousle the locks at the top, so they appear unkempt. Also, hair color is crucial if you want to achieve an electric style. A lovely yellow, bright hue looks amazing!
Curly Punk Hair
Having curly hair won’t stop you from rocking punk hairstyles. In fact, curly punk hair is simple to achieve! All you need to do is utilize a trimming machine to shorten the back and sides.
The top crown hair must be thick and long in order to generate the curl. To achieve the damp effect, use hair foam.
Punk Goth Hair
Men’s goth punk hairstyle comes in various lengths and can be shaped into long mohawks that point upward or long layers that hang down the back. To add more statement to your look, you can contour your eyes with colored crayons or black makeup to keep that gloomy appearance.
Emo Punk Hair
Emo punk hair often features long bangs that are swept to one side and completely cover the forehead and one eye. Even the hair around the temples has been removed and flung to one side. Choose a silver hair color to make your appearance even more intriguing.
So there you have it, some of the best punk hairstyles for men. While punk rock music or subculture may not be as big as it was in its heyday, that doesn’t mean you can’t rock one of these punk haircuts.
Whether you go for classic messy punk hairstyles for guys or something a little more out there, make sure you own it and rock it with confidence. So, which one of these punk haircuts is your choice?