Panasonic ES8243A – Another Master Piece Electric Shaver Review
Men like electric shavers for the convenience. While most men know that an electric shaver will never be as close as a blade, they still want to be able to shave close enough to be presentable at work or a special night out. The Panasonic ES8243A Electric Shaver will do just that. You will be hard pressed to find an electric shaver that provides a closer, more comfortable shave.
Please note this is an older product reviews by Groom+Style – if your goal is to find the most up to date list of electric shavers on the market please read Groom+Style’ article listing the:
This shaver works wet or dry, and is completely waterproof. With a foam or a gel, this shaver will provide any man with a very close shave. It is easy to clean under hot running water.
The secret to this shaver is the Arc foil. The foil follows the contours of the face, maximizes skin contact to provide a close shave. A convenient pop-up trimmer finishes the job, detailing the mustache and side burns.
Not only is this shaver close and convenient, it is attractive. It is ergonomically designed for maximum comfort. Its striking blue color works well in any man’s bathroom. The LCD display is also attractive. It shows when the battery is low, displays the battery charge status, and reminds you when it is time for a proper cleaning. Panasonic uses nanotechnology to sharpen these stainless blades. This shaver uses four blades instead of the usual three, giving it one more opportunity to provide you with the closest shave you have ever experienced from an electric shaver.
Features of the Panasonic ES8243A
• Four 30+-degree stainless steel Nanotech coated blades
• Flexible pivoting shaving head
• Foils are Stainless steel and blades are hypoallergenic
• Wet and dry shaving
• Fully charges within one hour. Lasts 14 days between charges.
• Five minute quick charge provides enough power for one shave
• Provides 45 minutes of shaving, or approximately 14 shaves, on one charge
• Pop-up trimmer for moustache, beard, and sideburn trimming
• Fast 13,000 RPM linear motor
• Comes with travel pouch and AC Recharger
• 2-year limited parts and labor warranty
What The Customers Are Saying about the Panasonic ES8243A
According to customer reviews, the Panasonic ES8243A Electric Shaver is about as good as it gets. Over 66% of customers who chose to review this shaver on line awarded it the highest possible rating. While there are some negative ratings, the overwhelming majority of reviewers are extremely pleased with this shaver’s performance.
This shaver gets high praise for closeness. Many reviewers indicate that this shaver, among others they have tried, comes nearest to providing a close shave with a single pass. It works best when the user does not apply too much pressure, and is equally exceptional at keeping bald heads clean as well.
Negative comments are few. Some customers complained that the shaver did not do a good job on their neck or jaw line. The shaving head on this shaver is rather large. Some found that this kept it from allowing them to detail shave around their mustaches and goatees. There is a pop-up trimmer. However, the head is so large that it blocks the user from seeing what the trimmer is doing.
Electric shavers will never be as good as a blade. Anyone who doesn’t understand this will always be disappointed. Most of the positive reviewers know this and accept it. They still love this Panasonic electric shaver.
Pros of the Panasonic ES8243A
• Sound is quieter and less harsh than other electric shavers
• Provides a very close shave with little to no irritation
• Lightweight, ergonomic design
• Easily cleaned in 20 seconds with a drop of dish soap and running hot water
• Charges very quickly; Fully charged in 60 minutes
• Captures most cut hair inside the shaver
Cons of the Panasonic ES8243A
• Will not work while it is charging
• Replacement foils and blades are expensive
• Battery life could be better
• Shaving head is too big for detail work around moustaches and goatees
• Large shaving head blocks view of work with the trimmer
• Can struggle with neck hairs
The Panasonic ES8243A comes with tremendous pedigree and highly recommended. Customer ratings are very high, with almost two-thirds of customers giving this shaver the highest possible rating. This electric shaver provides a very close shave, charges quickly, and provides 45 minutes of use on one full charge. No electric shaver will ever be as good as a wet shave with a blade. However, this Panasonic shaver is an outstanding choice for someone looking a quick, convenient, close shave.
2 thoughts on “Panasonic ES8243A Electric Shaver Review”
Gentlemen I say this is the best razor I have ever used, I am sorry to say I have lost the cord for charging and can’t find a replacement one I have had this razor for three years and it’s the best razor I have. Could you send me a replacement cord, how much is it, thank you
Jack- We are an independent review provider to aid you in making informed purchasing decisions. We don’t hold inventory nor do we sell the products, I’m afraid.
I have just looked this up for you and it appears you can still buy the charger on it own on Amazon. have you tried it? http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-WES8228K7658-Charging-ES8224-ES8228/dp/B004NL9YX6