Horseshoe Mustache: A Symbol of Masculine Style
Welcome to the wild and wonderful world of horseshoe mustache! This unique style of facial hair has been a staple for many cultures throughout history, used as both a fashion statement and a symbol of strength.
Whether you want to update your look or make a statement, having a horseshoe mustache will turn heads. Get ready to learn more about this bold and striking style!
What is a Horseshoe Mustache?
A horseshoe mustache is a facial hair style with a thick, full-length mustache that curves around the mouth and extends downward to just below the chin.
It’s one of the more distinctive varieties of mustaches and has been historically associated with cowboys and celebs, such as Hulk Hogan, Geraldo Rivera, and Morgan Spurlock.
Horseshoe Mustache Style
The Fu Manchu moustache is often associated with Chinese ethnicity, especially after the rise of a stereotypical movie with a Chinese supervillain, Dr. Fu Manchu, in The Mysterious Dr. Fu Manchu.
Compared to the actual horseshoe mustache, this style is thinner and longer, with sharp, pointy end tendrils. This style is quite hard to obtain and maintain, as you need to shave the column, wait for the growth from the upper lip, and style up the tendrils with beard balm to keep it in place.
This style is much shorter and thicker than the Fu Manchu mustache style. You can see it worn by the famous actor John Travolta and the late singer-songwriter George Michael.
To obtain the look, you can grow out the sides and make them bushy while tapering or trimming the entire column. To make sure you achieve this style completely, you need to have the ability to grow thick facial hair in the corners of the mouth.
How To Grow Horseshoe Mustache
Here are several tips to help you get started in growing this mustache:
- First, select the right mustache style: Do you want a full or partial style?
- Choose the right products for grooming and styling your mustache, such as wax and comb, to help maintain your desired shape and volume.
- Train your hair to grow in the desired direction using simple techniques, such as brushing and combing daily with oils or balms.
- Touch up any out-of-place areas using an electric razor or tweezers to ensure you have even growth all around your face.
- Finally, experiment with different styles until you’re satisfied with how it looks on you.
How to Shave Horseshoe Mustache
Shaving a horseshoe mustache can be tricky, but with the right tools and technique, you’ll have it looking neat and professional in no time. Here’s a quick guide on how to shave a this mustache:
- Gather the necessary tools, including a razor, shaving gel or cream, aftershave, and extra blades or disposable razors.
- Start the step by washing your face with warm water, pat it dry with a towel, and apply pre-shave oil afterward.
- Trim your mustache using a precision trimmer to have an even length all around before shaving it off. Start the beard trimmer at one side of the horseshoe and carefully work towards the center of the lip line, making sure not to go beyond this point — you want to leave at least 1-2mm of stubble above the lip line on each side for symmetry.
- Apply a shave gel or cream in gentle circular motions to help increase lather volume and create a more comfortable surface for the razor blade to glide over without dragging or tugging on your whiskers.
- Rinse off any leftover product from step 4.
- Using short strokes with light pressure, carefully remove any stubble remaining with an upward motion against the direction of hair growth — this will prevent ingrown hairs and cuts.
- Once you have finished shaping up your mustache, rinse off any excess hair/cream residue from your face with cool water to close up pores & soothe skin.
- Apply an alcohol-free aftershave soothing balm or lotion all over shaved areas for added protection & hydration.
And there you have it — follow these steps whenever you need to give yourself an impeccable shave for a perfect look every time.
Most Popular Horseshoe Mustache
This style is an excellent choice if you want a low-maintenance mustache. You can wear it alone or complete the look with another addition, such as a soul patch mustache, to elevate the look.
A horseshoe mustache lets you decide the length of your choice, including the long one. To obtain this look, make sure to have the same length for both sides so that it will turn out tidy. This look is especially great if you want to cover up bold areas.
The classic moustache style is the basic style of the horseshoe mustache. It is typically trimmed to cover half of the lower lip and ends at the corners of the mouth. The columns then run straight down from the tips of the mustache.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will a horseshoe mustache suit my face shape?
Wondering if a horseshoe mustache will suit your face shape? You can find out by trying it out and seeing what you think looks best! Here are several tips for you:
- Choose a style of horseshoe moustache that complements the shape of your face. For example, opt for a narrower style if you have an oval face.
- Make sure to keep the length of the mustache symmetrical.
- Consider adding curls or waves to soften the edges of the mustache.
- Ensure you regularly groom so your horseshoe facial hair style looks neat and well-kept.
- Take a few selfies with different styles of horseshoe mustaches and compare them before deciding which one looks best on you!
How long is it to grow a horseshoe mustache?
Growing a horseshoe mustache typically takes 4 to 6 months of regular and consistent grooming.
Who has a horseshoe mustache?
The horseshoe mustache has a long and storied history, with renowned figures like Hulk Hogan, Mirko Cro Cop, and Salvador Dali often associated with the look. It’s also been popularized in more recent years by athletes, actors, and musicians like Travis Scott, Jason Momoa, and David Beckham.
All in all, the horseshoe mustache is a unique and interesting facial hair style that exudes power and strength. It’s always been an iconic piece of facial hair linked to some of the toughest and most masculine figures, such as cowboys and bikers.
With today’s modern resurgence of this old style, more people can appreciate its distinctive shape while still being able to customize it to their tastes, from the classic look to more variety.
Whether you grow one out of respect for its historical significance or just because it looks cool, wearing a horseshoe mustache will surely give you a classic “tough guy” look that will have people turning heads!