The foundation is simple to apply and can boost anyone’s confidence in their skin. We understand that buying makeup can be an uneasy experience for men. Shopping in a drugstore or makeup store can be overwhelming, intimidating, and, for some, embarrassing.
The best foundation depends on a person’s skin type, skin color, and needs. In other words, stop stealing your partner’s foundation and start investing in the best skincare for you. Check out the best men’s foundation listed below.
How to find your foundation match
Now that you’ve decided to try the foundation, you must choose a color because you’ll be wearing it every day. The color of your skin will determine the color you choose. To remain undetectable, keep your mens makeup close to the color of your skin. If you have light skin, use neutral foundations.
If you have a clear face, go for yellow or sand tones. Choose a color with a red base for dark skin. In any case, look at the color of your skin in the light of day, and don’t be afraid to ask for help when making your first purchase to find the best matching color.
How do you apply a foundation for men?
Now that you have your product, you must test it, and I will provide you with some foundation application tips. Several application techniques are possible depending on the texture of your product.
Use a makeup sponge or a brush to apply powder to your face for greater precision in areas such as the eye area. To accurately distribute foundation cream, we recommend a medium-soft brush.
With your finger, apply a correction stick directly to your face. For all types of foundation, we recommend beginning with the center of the face and working your way out to the sides for even distribution.
7 Best men’s foundation
Next, we will recommend some of the best foundations for men from various brands.
L’Oreal True Match Mineral Foundation
This foundation is lightweight and contains mineral compounds that can improve the overall health of your facial skin.
It’s an excellent choice for men with sensitive skin or those who spend a lot of time outside.
- This foundation is one of the best powder options for people with sensitive skin.
- When dabbed onto your skin, it feels incredibly smooth.
- In addition, this foundation contains titanium dioxide sunscreen in its formula.
- The SPF protection rating isn’t exceptionally high, but it’s an excellent extra sun protection.
- This way, you won’t have to apply sunscreen on top of your foundation powder.
- The minerals in the powder also help to improve the overall health of your skin.
IMAN Second to None Cream to Powder Foundation
For makeup that is specifically designed for darker skin tones, try foundation IMAN Second to None Cream to Powder Foundation. This product is creamy in texture and contains powder for a thicker, velvety finish.
IMAN foundation, which comes in seven different colors, can help to conceal discoloration and make large pores appear smaller. The foundation is a liquid and powder foundation hybrid, giving users two products in one.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Designed for darker skin tones
PUR Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation
This foundation powder provides even more sunscreen protection than the previous one and is unlikely to dry out your skin.
This is ideal for men with dry skin that suffers from the sun’s rays or for men who want to combat some minor signs of aging.
- This foundation is another powder type that contains several minerals that can provide excellent skin health benefits and a flawless aesthetic finish.
- It’s hydrating, so it’s less likely to dry out your skin, and it has an SPF of 15, which puts it on par with some typical sunscreen lotions.
- Natural botanicals and vitamin A are among the minerals that help your skin fight the signs of aging and reduce dark spots.
- This makes this foundation one of the best choices for reducing wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- A decent skin tone range is available, though it does not quite reach the darker end of the spectrum.
Maybelline New York Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation
Maybelline New York Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation has all of the advantages of the previous model in a better package. For users who are new to makeup applications or want a foundation with varying levels of coverage, the buildable Maybelline allows them to begin with a small foundation and gradually add more coverage as needed.
The foundation contains hyaluronic acid, which restores moisture to the skin and prepares the face to be a hydrated canvas, resulting in makeup that does not look cakey. The Dream Liquid Mousse is a lightweight, breathable foundation that comes in 12 shades.
- The creamy foundation can help users look younger by concealing lines.
- The makeup doesn’t look cakey.
Illuminare Moisturizing Mineral Foundation
This cream foundation provides excellent sun protection while moisturizing your skin; it feels soothing and comfortable once applied.
This foundation is ideal for men who spend a lot of time in the sun and whose skin tends to dry out due to the sun’s constant rays.
- Because this foundation is a cream, it is not as thin as a liquid.
- We won’t recommend this one for wrinkles immediately because cream foundations tend to collect in the negative spaces between facial wrinkles.
- However, we would not recommend it for dry or sensitive skin.
- This is because the cream formula’s water will help moisturize and protect your skin from drying out.
Dermablend Smooth Liquid Camo Foundation
The Dermablend Smooth Liquid Camo Foundation protects your skin while improving its appearance. Dermablend is available in 15 skin tones and provides all-day coverage that does not require reapplication. The liquid foundation has a creamy texture and can be applied with your fingers, a blender, or a brush.
Dermablend is a buildable foundation that provides a natural, even finish and allows users to choose between minimal coverage and maximum cover-up. Dermablend, which has been dermatologist-tested, is fragrance-free, allergy-tested, and non-acnegenic, making it ideal for sensitive skin and acne sufferers. It’s also non-comedogenic, which means it won’t clog pores and cause acne, which is rare in the foundation.
- Dermablend provides excellent sun protection, with an SPF of 25.
- This foundation is easy for beginners to apply.
Oksale New 30ml PHOERA Matte Oil Control Concealer Foundation Liquid
This long-lasting foundation comes in a small, portable bottle and can also be used as a concealer.
This foundation is a good choice for men who travel frequently and would benefit from a makeup product that can simultaneously serve two functions.
- This is a liquid foundation that comes in a small applicator bottle.
- It would be an excellent choice for men who like to wear makeup on the go, as it is simple to apply in the back of a car or plane.
- It has a 24-hour wear time and provides a matte finish without adding shine to your face.
- It can also be used as a concealer for acne instead of just a foundation; apply more of the formula to any area you want to conceal, and you should see excellent results.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Is it okay for men to use foundation?
The answer is that men can apply foundation and that there is nothing wrong with wearing makeup. Whether you have scars or skin tone variations, a foundation can help smooth your complexion.
The various best men’s foundation above can be selected according to needs. But remember to pay attention to the shade and the results on the skin (matte, velvet, or satin). This is done so that the effects on your skin are not too whitish or gray.